Waiheke Island Wine Tour – 15 February 2020
The tour begins with a scenic ferry ride across the Waitematā Harbour taking in the views of Auckland’s skyline and other islands.
Once you’ve landed on Waiheke’s pristine shores, you’ll be taken to local vineyards to sample the wine.
Where you’ll be visiting
- Goldie Estate – the first established vineyard on Waiheke, this boutique winery known for it’s Syrah and Chardonnay. It’s also home to the University of Auckland’s Wine Science Centre.
- Obsidian – a small batch winery specialising in Bordeux-style reds. Obsidian was the first vineyard on Waiheke Island to produce a Montepulciano and Tempranillo
- Mudbrick – nestled among gardens and original mudbrick buildings, this winery is a Waiheke stalwart and internationally renowned.
|1330||Ferry departs Auckland|
|1410||Arrival on Waiheke Island|
|1430||Tasting at Goldie Estate|
|1530||Tasting and tour at Obsidian|
|1700||Tasting at Mudbrick Vineyard|
|1740||Bus departs Mudrick|
|1800||Ferry departs Waiheke Island|
|1845||Arrival in Auckland|
Cost of the tour is $140 NZD.
You can RSVP to the tour during registration. If you have already registered for IAEE Asia-Oceania and wish to attend the social tour, please email email@example.com
- Return ferry trip fares
- Dedicated bus from the ferry to each destination and then back to the ferry
- Tasting fees at each destination